Saturday 5 December 2009

that's my seat, part two

i am a type a personality.  i follow the rules, because that's why they are there.  there are reasons.  i only bend or break them when i think they are dangerous or bad.  but otherwise, no.  i just do what i'm supposed to do. 

i get really annoyed when other people don't. 

for instance.  what's the point of reserving seats on my train journey when someone else is invariably going to be sitting in my seat?  i have to face forward or i get motion-sick.  so when i order my tickets, i request a forward-facing window seat.  the train people put a 'reserved' sign on my seat.  clearly marked. 

and yet, when i board, there is someone in my seat.  the one clearly marked as reserved. 

that's my seat, i politely say.  i reserved it. 

well, there are plenty of other seats.  just pick another, they say. 

i don't want another, i say.  that's why i reserved THAT one. 

well, someone was in my seat, so i sat here.  go and do likewise, they say (although not usually so articulately). 

grrrrrr.  i glare at them. 

but i always have to go off and hope to find an open seat which fits my specifications.  and always, always, always this kind of thing goes on all around me. 

what is the point, train companies, of allowing me to reserve a seat if i'm not going to actually get the seat?  your train people don't care.  even when i explain and ask for their help.  they also tell me to just pick another seat. 

seriously?!  what's the point of that?! 

i do not like people breaking rules like that.  no harm done, you say?  perhaps.  but it's damn annoying, that's for sure. 

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Glad you've found a place to vent :) That's so frustrating!!

Amie V said...

thanks, mrs4444! and thanks for the plug today... it did make my day to get more comments. you're over the past few days have brightened up my week, as well. =D