Friday 26 February 2010

defragging

~ don't sit on the end seat of an otherwise empty row if you don't want to have to move to let people in to sit down.  seriously.  you can't get annoyed about that-- it was your own damn choice.

~ why is it that people think they can rearrange the times set for meetings, classes, etc on a whim-- and expect people to be able to shuffle the rest of their schedules around at just a few minutes'  notice?  it's not that easy, people.  i understand last minute problems, but dang.  i can't just skip everything else in my day so that you can be an hour late.

~ i thought about doing the 'rants and raves' meme, but i've got nothing to rave about.  it's all rants.

~ the days are getting noticeable longer.  yay.  but it is still colder than hell here.  yes, for me, hell would be cold.  hot i could handle.

~ why is it that everyone insists on telling me, 'oh, of course you can. don't be silly' when i say i feel like i can't do something?  like something feels impossible?  i know that technically it can be done, and i know that logically, based on my history and my make-up and all that jazz that it CAN be done.  but what i feel doesn't match that.  you don't make me feel better by pooh-poohing my feelings about it.  just sympathise and let me get it out.  encourage me later, after you've taken my concerns seriously.  sheesh.

~ i really miss diet sundrop.  nothing like that exists where i am.

~ i really like kirkyards.  graveyards.  cemetaries.  does that make me creepy?

~ i haven't called or spoken to my parents since thanksgiving.  does that make me a bad child?

~ this is kind of fun.  getting out all my random thoughts feels good.

~ why do academics so often have to be such douchebags?  i mean, really.  yes, you're smart, and yes, you've put in your time, but dang.  that doesn't mean you are always the only one right, and it sure doesn't mean that i'm an idiot because i've not reached your level yet.  get over yourselves, academics!

~ i want to be a stay-at-home.  not anything particular after that;  just a stay-at-home.  too bad no one pays for that kind of life...

8 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What the heck is a kirkyard and a sundrop?? I need to know!!

Hallie :)

jp said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your FF :)

Mrs4444 said...

So good to hear from you again, Amie. I love your dark side :)

Yeah, what's a kirkyard? I like cemeteries, too; I feel very connected to people when I go to them, though that is pretty ironic, I guess.

Academics-I'm with you, especially in education, since so many of them have no idea what's going on in today's classrooms.

Prairiemaid said...

Academics = Ph.D. = Piled Higher & Deeper....right?

I know you feel better! I feel better just reading your post!

Have a wonderful week!

Matty said...

Mrs 4444 shooed me over.

I used to do the rants and raves meme too. Mine were all raves and I got kicked out.

And I share their curiosity. What is a kirkyard?

Sugar Bear said...

yeah, too bad no one pays for the life of a stay at home mom....

Stopping by as suggested from Mrs4444...I like the dark side over here...nothing like some ranting to make you smile...

Oscar said...

My friend, it never ends. LOL

I hear you about changes in schedule!!!!!

Call 'em when you're good and damned ready.

Not creepy - an individual.

1st visit - Never been here b 4444.

Amie V said...

thanks, y'all. feel free to stop by and rant with me anytime.

oh, and in scots, kirk is church... so kirkyard is the church's graveyard, right on the property. we have a lot of those around here. =)